Students that have completed one or more semesters at Boise State may apply to the Honors College if they have completed a minimum of 15 college credits with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5. They must complete an application essay and provide a clear record of extra-curricular experiences, activities, and achievements.
How to Apply
Current Boise State students wishing to apply to the Honors College for the fall semester should submit a resume and essay to the Honors College by February 15. Please be sure to include your name, address, phone number, and your Boise State ID number on each page of your essay and resume.
You can submit your application in person at our office in Driscoll Hall or by emailing email@example.com.
With as much detail as possible (there is no page limit), please produce a resume detailing your co-curricular activities and achievements. Be sure to include length of your involvement in each activity (dates or number of hours served), explanations of duties, and leadership roles if applicable. Include the following heading on the resume (choose the one appropriate to your status) along with the four sections outlined in the bullet points below:
- Extracurricular Activities and Leadership Positions (e.g.,Debate Club, Student Council Officer, Athletics, etc.)
- Community or Volunteer Service (e.g., Special Olympics volunteer, Candy Striper, Habitat for Humanity, etc.)
- Awards and Special Honors (e.g., National Honor Society, Boy’s or Girl’s State Representatives, etc.)
- Employment or Internships (e.g., store clerk, summer camp counselor, daycare assistant, etc.)
- View an example resume
Please write a 300 word essay that addresses the following question: If you were going to choose a quote from a book, movie, or influential figure as a personal motto, what would it be and why?
All applicants who are admitted into the Honors College are automatically considered for Honors Scholarships. These scholarships are merit based and will be awarded to students who demonstrate exceptional academic ability, civic engagement, and extracurricular activity. There is no separate scholarship application.
Scholarships administered by Boise State or other organizations will have other application processes and may have other deadlines.
- February 15 – Financial Aid Priority Date
Applications received after February 16th will be considered for fall admission to the Honors College but will not be eligible for scholarship consideration.
- June 1 – Deadline for fall Honors admission
Applications received after June 1st will not be eligible for the fall semester but will be considered for the following spring semester.
- December 15 – Deadline for spring Honors admission